Turkey tail contains an impressive array of antioxidants, including phenols and flavonoids. In fact, one study detected over 35 different phenolic compounds in a sample of turkey tail mushroom extract, along with the flavonoid antioxidants quercetin and baicalein.
Phenol and flavonoid antioxidants promote immune system health by reducing inflammation and stimulating the release of protective compounds.
Turkey Tail mushroom have many benefits:
- Reduce inflammation due to their abundance of anti-oxidants
- Immune boosting properties
- May improve immune function in pets with certain cancers ( a study demonstrated that daily treatment with 45.5 mg per pound (100 mg per kg) of body weight of turkey tail mushroom extract significantly slowed the spread of cancer cells and improved survival times in dogs with highly aggressive cancer (hemangiosarcoma).
- May enhance efficancy of certain cancer treatments
- Can enhance gut health becaus they contain prebiotics which nourish beneficial bacteria
- Have anti-bacterial qualities
- May improve insulin resistance
Give orally daily or as directed by your veterinarian.
|Body Weight||Amount Per Day||Daily Cost & Supply|
|1-30 lbs||1/16 tsp daily||
$0.17/day (120 day supply)
|1/8 tsp daily||
$0.33/day (60 day supply)
|61-100 lbs||1/4 tsp daily||
$0.67/day (30 day supply)
|101 + lbs||1/2 tsp daily||
$1.33/day (15 day supply)
Net Contents: .48oz (13.73g)
Active Ingredients per 458 mg (1/4 tsp)
Turkey Tail (Trametes veriscolor) Mushroom Extract .................. 458 mg
Inactive Ingredients: None