Product Details Sizes:
1 Pound Bulk Powder - or-
As written by Buckmountain:
Glucosamine is not a botanical. It is a natural product and is clearly a medicine of importance in veterinary medicine.
The facts are:
Glucosamine sulfate is an anti-inflammatory alternative to NSAIDS,
aspirin, licorice, etc. Licorice used with glucosamine sulfate for
arthritis can be effective. Glucosamine sulfate's efficacy can be visible in approximately 5 to 10 days.
- Chondroitin sulfate is a huge molecule, molecular weight is
approximately 50,000. Its bio-availability is near zero, no more than
13% by the most favorable report.
- Glucosamine bio-availability is 90% to 98%.
- Chondroitin sulfate is expensive.
- Glucosamine HCL is moderately effective but is not as bio-available as glucosamine sulfate and it is more expensive.
- There is no, absolutely no, convincing evidence that MSM is effective.
- It appears that MSM is a catchy name that has gained a following.
- N-acetyl-D-glucosamine (NAG) has no advantage over glucosamine.
- The mixtures of these things are only mixtures of things that are
expensive, don’t work well and if mixed with glucosamine sulfate make it
more expensive and the efficacy of the mixtures is less than that of
glucosamine sulfate alone.
- Glucosamine sulfate is the preferred form and is the least expensive.